Doherty Park, Dog Park
839 Beekman Road
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Phone: (845) 724-5300
|Who Can Use the Park
|Residents of the Town of Beekman may purchase a membership for each of their dogs to use the park when the park is open.
|Steps to get a Dog Park Membership
|1. Ensure your dog’s shots are up to date
2. Bring Shot Record to YOUR Town Clerk to obtain Dog License :
a. If you live in Beekman, the Town Clerk’s Office is at Town Hall, 4 Main St., Poughquag, NY and her hours are M-Th, 8:15 am-5:00pm, Fri. 9-2:30
b. If you live elsewhere go to your town's Clerk Office for Dog License
3. Bring Dog License from Town to Beekman Rec Office at 29 Rec Center Road (M-F, 9-4) and pay for Dog Park Membership:
a. Residents: $45 per dog
b. Non Residents $90 per dog
Problems with dogs please notify both of the following:
- Large Dog Park is designated for dogs over 25 Lbs.
- Small Dog Park is designated for dogs under 25 Lbs.
- Owners are legally and financially responsible for their own pets.
- All Dogs must be licensed, up to date with vaccinations, and healthy.
- All dogs using park MUST have a paid annual membership with the Town of Beekman Recreation Department.
- To enter Dog Park, owners must have Photo ID on their person
- To enter Dog Park, the dog must have on its collar, the current year’s Dog Park Membership Dog Tag
- Members should only open the gate for themselves and their dog, not for anyone else, and not for any other dogs.
- Dog Park is open weather and conditions permitting.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering and exiting the Dog Park and be off the leash while Inside the Dog Park.
- Dogs must be leashed while outside the Dog Park but still in Doherty Park.
- Owners must remain with their dogs at all times.
- Owners will carry a leash for their dog at all times.
- The Dog Park is open dawn to dusk when weather and environmental conditions are suitable.
- The Town reserves the right to close the Dog Park due to any reason including, but not limited to, the weather, the road conditions, and large events.
- When closed, a notice will be posted on the internet and an email blast will be sent to members.
- In addition: when the gate to Doherty Park is closed, the Dog Park is closed.
- Dogs are not permitted on sports fields at any time including when Dog Park is closed.
- Only dog waste should be placed in the dog waste basket; all other trash should be placed in the larger pail outside the gates.
- Owners may bring up to two dogs per adult into Dog Park, if adult can maintain control over both dogs.
- Owners must supervise and are responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by them.
- Owners must fill in any holes dug by their dogs prior to leaving the Dog Park.
- Owners will clean up after their dogs.
- No puppies under 6 months allowed.
- No dogs in heat allowed.
- No food, drinks or dog treats allowed in Dog Park.
- No children under 18 are allowed in the Dog Park without adult supervision.
- No aggressive dogs are permitted in the Dog Park.
- If dogs get into an altercations, before leaving owners must exchange information including:
- Dogs’ names and Dog Park Membership tag numbers
- Adult first and last names, phone numbers and addresses
- This information should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Altercations may result in suspension of membership.
- Anyone found to be violating rules will have their membership revoked.
The Town of Beekman Rec Department at 845-227-5783 or
the Rec Director at: email@example.com
If unable to reach the above, call John Anderson at the Dutchess County SPCA (contracted by the Town of Beekman to provide Animal Control services),