Prior to signing up for Ski Lessons, you must have a Beekman Rec SkiClub Membership at Thunder Ridge. Then you can sign up for lessons below by printing and completing the form linked below and bringing the form and payment to the Rec Office. Payment for anything on this page must be made by check to "Thunder Ridge".
New this season from Thunder Ridge
Group lessons are strictly for groups of no more than 6 individuals
• Due to the requirement of keeping groups the same, there will be NO MAKE-UP lessons
• Regardless of ability, students MUST attend the first session; it cannot be skipped – no exceptions
Group lessons through the Rec programs are for ages 8 (as of 12/31/21) and up.
• This is a hard and fast rule and cannot be changed
• If you have a younger child contact Thunder Ridge for a non-Rec lesson
• There is no guarantee that students will ride up the chair lift
• Freestyle option is only for Levels 4, 5 or 6
Separate from all the forms linked on this page, a daily Health Screening will be required before each lesson – Thunder Ridge will provide the details
Should there be a government shutdown, a credit will be issued for next year – there will be NO REFUNDS.
In order to maintain social distancing at the slope:
• Your car is the lodge! Due to state regulations there will be limited availability inside the lodge. Access is by reservation only and in 45 minute increments.
• Equipment rented with lessons is kept for the lesson season! This way you do not need to enter the lodge.
• Check-in is outside – you will receive specific details from Thunder Ridge after you register for a lesson
Know that this is a fluid situation and we appreciate all the time that went into developing the guidelines and the program in these unprecedented times. Please know that these directives may change at any time, either ahead of, or during the ski season, and that any such changes will be beyond our control.
Beekman Rec Special Pricing
- Discounts for the whole family from 5-9pm on Friday nights from Jan. 3rd until the snow is gone
- Discounted Lift Tickets for the family: $25 (student must pre-purchase 6 if taking lessons) on the day of lessons and on Friday nights
- Discounted Equipment Rental: $32 + Tax/day excluding helmet (students keep rentals at home for the duration of the lesson season)
Lessons Days & Times
MON 5:30pm (start date: 1/3/22)
TUES 5:30pm (start date: 1/4/22) Full-no availability
WED 5:30pm (start date: 1/5/22) Freestyle Lessons also available
THURS 5:30pm (start date: 1/6/22)
FRI 5:00pm (start date: 1/7/22) Full-no availability
FRI 6:30pm (start date: 1/8/22)
SAT 3:30pm (start date: 1/8/22) Full-no availability
SAT 5:30pm (start date: 1/8/22) Full-no availability
SUN 3:30pm (start date: 1/9/22) Full-no availability
*Please note, park closes Sunday at 5pm. Your tickets included with lesson are available at 2:45
Skill Level Ratings
All students must be age 8 (as of 12/31/21) or up
Please read the SKIING/SNOWBOARDING LEVELS
and choose the level that is most appropriate. ABILITY LEVEL IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT DUE TO RESTRICTIONS ON CAPACITY AND CLASS SIZE. BE AWARE IF YOU/YOUR CHILD IS UNABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE SELECTED LEVEL THERE MAY NOT BE ANOTHER GROUP TO SWITCH TO DUE TO COVID-19 REGULATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS.
for upper level snowboarders, ages 8 and up. This program promotes the Park Smart Terrain Park Safety Program, introducing participants to the fundamentals of freestyle snowboarding in a fun and safe environment. Students will learn fundamentals of using rails, jibs, butter boxes, rainbows, mini flats and ramps and/or natural features throughout the mountain as weather and conditions permit!
- DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS THURSDAY DECEMBER 9th, 2021. NO REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED BY THUNDER RIDGE AFTER THIS DATE
- In order to register, student must first be a member of Beekman Rec Ski Club. Memberships are paid to "The Town of Beekman".
- Once a member, print and comlete the Lesson Info & Forms Packet to sign up for lessons and make THAT check payable to "Thunder Ridge".
*To be eligible for Town of Beekman resident discounts for programs, proof of residency is checked annually for all participants, including those who have previously been enrolled. We will check the tax rolls but depending on the outcome, you may be asked to provide:
1. Bills to your address, AND
2. Proof of identity in the form of a Government Issued Photo ID
Additional Forms and Files: