Resident rates are the same as Early Bird rates in 2019!
The Recreation Department would like to help residents include waterfront activities as an integral part of their summer plans.
It is part of Recreation Park which boasts two playgrounds, swings, a sand volleyball court, 18 hole mini golf course, gaga pit, horseshoe pits, BBQ grills, a pavilion with restrooms and changing rooms, many picnic tables and a snack shack.
The beaches and grounds are beautifully maintained by our maintenance crew.
Unlike most other Park swim areas Beekman Rec has a “Plake”! A “plake” combines the best part of a pool and the best part of a lake!
- Fresh water is continually drawn from a creek into the swim area
- Like a pool, the water is filtered and chlorinated
- The bottom of the plake is bulldozed and cleaned each spring with new stone and sand spread eliminating muck and weeds
- Like a lake there is a sandy beach which the kids LOVE to build and play in
- Each weekday there is a sand castle contest
- We have CORCL boats to rent (can’t do that in a pool!)
COVID Guidelines as of 6/8/21
Purchasers of passes agree to abide by these COVID Guidelines
Based on the latest guidance from the Department of Health, fully vaccinated beach patrons do not need to wear a mask or socially distance. It is recommended by the CDC that unvaccinated patrons continue to wear a mask and be socially distanced in all locations EXCEPT the water.
There are still limiting regulations regarding campers that impact beach patrons. Our park serves campers until 4pm. ALL patrons must keep their distance from campers and camp areas. By purchasing a membership Beach Patrons agree to:
• Use the patron concession window not the camp window
• Follow the “yellow brick road” to the bathrooms to loop around the campers in the pavilion and wait outside the bathrooms if campers are inside
• Only use the playground and swings closest to the beach when camp is in session
• May not enter any areas of the park where campers are present
• Check-in is at the Concession Window
• To put on their own wristband before leaving the Concession Window
Weather & Staff Permitting Beach Hours
- Friday June 25 - Labor Day: 1:00pm-6:30pm (5pm on Labor Day)
- Beach closed Saturday July 17th for the Beekman Fire Department Picnic. Than you for volunteering!
Safety Guidelines & Clarity
Our swimming area is created by water diverted from the Fishkill Creek. Once in our lake, the water is chlorinated. The Dutchess County Health Department regulates our swimming area and inspects it frequently. In order to comply with the Health Department , we have to maintain four feet of water clarity to open our deep sections.
Periodically, after heavy rains that stir up the creek supplying water to the swimming area, on heavy beach use days, or long dry spells, we may have to temporarily close our deep sections if we do not have four feet of water clarity. The safety of our patrons is our top priority. We apologize for any inconvenience closures may cause and ask for your patience and understanding.
Inclement Beach Weather Policy
- The Beach is closed during inclement weather at the discretion of the staff: the beach, mini-golf, volleyball and all outdoor activities are suspended for 30 minutes whenever thunder is heard or lightening is seen; we ask patrons to seek shelter in the pavilion, or their cars during these times
- Beach closure will be posted as an “Alert” on the website home page and on the voice mail on the Park Manager’s phone, 845-223-6970
- There are no refunds for inclement weather.
Day Pass Fees
- Guest Passes for visitors entering the park WITH a member: $6
- Day Passes for visitors using the park WITHOUT a member: Residents* $10, Non-residents $15
- Children 12 years old and under MUST be accompanied by an ADULT with a wristband at all times
Unnamed Guest Pass
- Seasonal UNNAMED Guest Pass for Families with a Membership enabling them to bring ONE guest to the beach WITH them each day
- Residents*: $70
- Non-residents: $225
- If you anticipate having non-resident guests visit you for an extended time this summer, you are strongly encouraged to purchase an Unnamed Guest Pass for each guest.
Group Weekend ONLY Pass
- There are no membership related discounts associated with this pass
- This pass is recommended for non-resident families who would like to use the park only on Saturdays and Sundays
- There is NO use on Saturday July 17th the park is reserved solely for the Beekman Fire Department volunteers that day
- This Group is a household account and may contain up to 2 parents and 2 unmarried children under 24 years of age living permanently in the residence; if there are multiple families living at the same residence, each must have their own "Family" Pass
- If there are more than 2 children, each additional child is $60.
Rental Party Passes
- If you are renting the Rec Park Pavilion, the Beach Picnic Area, or the Community Center may be discounted passes available for the DAY OF YOUR PARTY subject to staff availability*
- This opportunity is limited to TWICE/summer/family
- All children 12 and under must be supervised on the beach by adults with wristbands
- Please contact the Recreation Office, M-F between 9:30 and 3:30 for more information
- *This has been a most challenging year to recruit qualified waterfront staff. We have posted the positions in multiple locations, reached out to multiple contacts, connected potential staff with multiple training opportunities, raised the rate of pay, and offered to reimburse staff for the required certification training. If you know anyone interested in becoming waterfront staff here is a link to some Certification Classes. Here is a link to the Staff Application.
*Proof of Residency:
*To be eligible for Town of Beekman resident discounts for programs, proof of residency is checked annually for all participants, including those who have previously been enrolled. We will check the tax rolls but depending on the outcome, you may be asked to provide:
1. A cable or utility bill, AND
2. Proof of identity in the form of a Government Issued Photo ID