Doherty Park, Dog Park
839 Beekman Road
Hopewell Junction, NY 12533
Phone: (845) 724-5300
|Who Can Use the Park
|Residents of the Town of Beekman may purchase a membership for each of their dogs to use the park when the park is open.
|Steps to get a Dog Park Membership
|1. Ensure your dog’s shots are up to date
2. Make an appointment to bring Shot Record to YOUR Town Clerk to obtain Dog License:
a. If you live in Beekman, the Town Clerk’s Office is at Town Hall, 4 Main St., Poughquag, NY by calling 845-724-5300 x221
b. If you live elsewhere go to your town's Clerk Office for Dog License
3. Make an appointment to bring License from the Town to Beekman Rec Office (845-227-5783) at 29 Rec Center Road and pay for Dog Park Membership:
a. Residents: $45 per dog
b. Non Residents: $90 per dog
Problems with dogs please notify both of the following:
- Large Dog Park is designated for dogs over 25 Lbs.
- Small Dog Park is designated for dogs under 25 Lbs.
- Owners are legally and financially responsible for their own pets.
- All Dogs must be licensed, up to date with vaccinations, and healthy.
- All dogs using park MUST have a paid annual membership with the Town of Beekman Recreation Department.
- To enter Dog Park, owners must have Photo ID on their person
- To enter Dog Park, the dog must have on its collar, the current year’s Dog Park Membership Dog Tag
- Members should only open the gate for themselves and their dog, not for anyone else, and not for any other dogs.
- Dog Park is open weather and conditions permitting.
- All dogs must be leashed upon entering and exiting the Dog Park and be off the leash while Inside the Dog Park.
- Dogs must be leashed while outside the Dog Park but still in Doherty Park.
- Owners must remain with their dogs at all times.
- Owners will carry a leash for their dog at all times.
- The Dog Park is open dawn to dusk when weather and environmental conditions are suitable.
- The Town reserves the right to close the Dog Park due to any reason including, but not limited to, the weather, the road conditions, and large events.
- When closed, a notice will be posted on the internet and an email blast will be sent to members.
- In addition: when the gate to Doherty Park is closed, the Dog Park is closed.
- Dogs are not permitted on sports fields at any time including when Dog Park is closed.
- Only dog waste should be placed in the dog waste basket; all other trash should be placed in the larger pail outside the gates.
- Owners may bring up to two dogs per adult into Dog Park, if adult can maintain control over both dogs.
- Owners must supervise and are responsible for their dogs and any injuries or damage caused by them.
- Owners must fill in any holes dug by their dogs prior to leaving the Dog Park.
- Owners will clean up after their dogs.
- No puppies under 6 months allowed.
- No dogs in heat allowed.
- No food, drinks or dog treats allowed in Dog Park.
- No children under 18 are allowed in the Dog Park without adult supervision.
- No aggressive dogs are permitted in the Dog Park.
- If dogs get into an altercations, before leaving owners must exchange information including:
- Dogs’ names and Dog Park Membership tag numbers
- Adult first and last names, phone numbers and addresses
- This information should be emailed to: email@example.com
- Altercations may result in suspension of membership.
- Anyone found to be violating rules will have their membership revoked.
The Town of Beekman Rec Department at 845-227-5783 or the Rec Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SPCA Animal Control Officer, Kate Alvarez at 845-320-6005